Now I’ve finally got the swing together. In order to size the bench from 65″ to the present swing of 54″, I eliminated one board in the back of each seat, narrowed the center heart piece and pulled it all closer eliminating gaps. Whew! But then I was left with oversized connecting pieces at the seat level. I laid it all out and fudged my way through that.
The first pic has no plugs. There were about 3,000 plugs, I think, to cover all the screw holes. OK, maybe not that many, but it felt like it.
The second pic shows the swing finished.
I was still uncertain that it would hold the weight, even though I put some cool brass reinforcing pieces on each side of where the eye bolts went through. But, today Ellie and Lori and I sat on it, with a combined weight of 400 lbs. and it held! Although, I really don’t believe that Lori weighs 150 lbs and Ellie, being a kid, had no idea and didn’t really care how much she weighs, so we gave her 80 lbs. But I’m happy. Now how to get it to it’s home….